Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Broiled New York Strip
Source: Andy Morgason (Entered by Market Manager)
My family loves New York Strip from Hunter Cattle. The strips are always tender and juicy with or without added spices. The meat is done in minutes for a quick meal idea after a long day at work.
Serves: 4 4oz servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Turn broiler on high.
- Place steaks on a broiler pan or cookie sheet with sides.
- You can salt and pepper or add other seasonings if you would like. Sometimes we do, but it is just as good when you don't.
- Broil steaks on one side 4-6 inches from the heat for 6 mins.
- Use tongs, not a fork(because it lets out all the delicious juices) to flip the steak and cook for 4 - 6 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with some of your favorite side dishes and vegetables from Statesboro Market2Go.
Comments added by fellow market members.