Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Roasted Spring Root Vegetables
Source: A Family Feast (Entered by Amber Murray)
Spring is the perfect time to utilize root vegetables like carrots, beets, radishes, and turnips. This dish is as pretty and colorful as it is delicious!
Feel free to customize this dish and add your own favorite root veggies like parsnips, sweet potatoes, or fennel!
Step by Step Instructions
- In a small frying pan with a tight fitting lid, heat oil and fresh thyme over medium low heat for ten minutes while covered. Discard thyme.
- Place a very large oven proof skillet or cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim ends off each radish and cut large ones in half but leave the small ones whole. Place radishes in a medium bowl.
- Cut all other vegetables into a uniform size. Cut carrots into thick coins, beets and turnips into smaller sized pieces and place in bowl with radishes.
- Remove rosemary leaves and place rosemary leaves, salt, pepper, and infused oil in with vegetables and toss to combine.
- Open oven door and carefully pour the vegetables into the scorching hot preheated skillet.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Turn vegetables and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Comments added by fellow market members.