Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Statesboro Main Street Farmers Market (Entered by Market Manager)
If you have some extra strawberries on hand, you can freeze them whole.
Serves: As many as you like
Step by Step Instructions
- Wash and hull strawberries, remove leaves.
- Place strawberries on a single layer on a baking sheet, not touching each other (this will make the strawberries freeze individually, instead of clumped together)
- Place the baking sheet with strawberries in freezer until frozen.
- When they are frozen, pop them off the baking sheet and place in a plastic bag or freezer container.
- Enjoy as you like, are very good for smoothies.
Comments added by fellow market members.
You can also freeze washed and hulled strawberries in an ice cube tray. Use strawberries that will fit in the tray squares and fill up with water.
More information on home food preservation can be found here: https://nchfp.uga.edu/