Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Green Tomato Pie
Source: Rose Reynolds (Entered by Market Manager)
Found in the book Cracklin Bread and Asfidity by Jack and Olivia Solomon, a collection of Alabama folk recipes and remedies. You’ll need to find a recipe for pie crust or buy a ready-made one.
Some other recipes call for a mixture of flour and sugar to be put over the tomatoes, then dotted with butter.
Step by Step Instructions
- Lay in crust and sprinkle with a little flour.
- Slice fresh green tomatoes thinly and fill.
- Put in a level cup of sugar, half a cup of butter, and a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of vinegar over filling before putting on top crust.
- Bake in a moderate oven for half an hour. Serve hot.
Comments added by fellow market members.