Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Julia Dawson (Entered by Market Manager)
Depending on how juicy you want your cobbler to be, either use the fruit as is (makes a drier cobbler) or make a fruit syrup with sugar in a saucepan (very juicy) or sprinkle a little sugar on the fruit and let sit for 30 minutes (moderate juice).
To make a gluten free cobbler, substitute a gluten free mix like Gluten-free Bisquick or King Arthur’s all purpose gluten-free baking mix instead of flour. The cobbler comes out just the same.
Step by Step Instructions
- Turn on oven to 350 degrees and melt the butter in a baking dish.
- Mix milk, flour, and sugar in a bowl.
- After butter is melted in dish, remove from oven, swirl butter around to coat baking dish. Put in fruit and any juice.
- Pour the mixture (flour, milk, sugar) evenly over the top. Sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.
- Bake about an hour, should be a golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.