Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Homemade Pumpkin Purée
Source: GRIT Magazine (Entered by Market Manager)
Make your own pumpkin purée,instead of using canned pumpkin. Keeps for quite a while in the fridge, use to make pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes, soup, lots more. Use a sugar pumpkin or pie pumpkin. You can save the seeds (rinse off and dry) to make toasted pumpkin seeds.
Serves: Depends on the size of the pumpkin
Step by Step Instructions
- Wash and dry pumpkin. Knock off stem.
- Cut pumpkin in half and scoop out seeds.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or in a glass oven dish with a bit of water, with the cut side down.
- Cook at 350F until tender and can be pierced with a knife. Time will depend on size of pumpkin, approximately an hour, but could be more or less.
- Remove from oven and let cool a bit to handle. Peel off skin and/or scoop out cooked inner pumpkin.
- Mash with potato masher or use a food processor. Strain out any extra liquid. Keeps in fridge or can be frozen in cubes.
Comments added by fellow market members.