Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Butternut Squash Soup
Source: GRIT Magazine (Entered by Market Manager)
These squash are healthy and loaded with nutrients and have a more dense texture than summer squash making them ideal for soups and stews.
Step by Step Instructions
- Melt the butter in a large stockpot. Add the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, and squash, and cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in enough chicken stock to cover the vegetables, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Pour the soup into a blender, food processor, or use a hand blender, and blend until partially or completely smooth, depending on personal preference. Return soup to the stockpot, and add enough of the remaining chicken stock to reach desired consistency.
- Heat on low until soup is warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
Comments added by fellow market members.