Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Pumpkin with Chestnuts
Source: The Roaming GastroGnome (Entered by Market Manager)
A pumpkin recipe for a tasty Fall side. Substitute any winter squash like acorn, butternut, or carnival squash for the pumpkin.
Step by Step Instructions
- Clean out the pumpkin, cut into 1 inch cubes, and slice the outer skin off of the cubes.
- If you have whole roasted chestnuts break them up into various sizes, keep 1/3 whole, split 1/3 into halves, crush the remaining into smaller pieces.
- Over medium-high heat on the stove bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the pumpkin cubes and cook until they soften. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. When the butter has melted add the onions and sauté until they begin to caramelize.
- Add the chestnuts. When heated, add the pumpkin and stir in the turmeric and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Comments added by fellow market members.