Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Mashed Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese and Rosemary
Source: Recipe Runner (Entered by Market Manager)
Goat cheese and fresh rosemary and richness and a slight piney flavor to mashed butternut squash. A great alternative to potatoes!
Step by Step Instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Once boiling add in a big pinch of salt and the cubed butternut squash.
- Cook the butternut squash until soft, about 10-15 minutes depending how big your cubes are.
- Drain the water out of the pot and add in the goat cheese, milk, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Mash with a potato masher or immersion blender/stick until desired mashed consistency is reached.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.