Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Butternut Squash Grits
Source: Homespun Seasonal Living Website (Entered by Market Manager)
Feel free to substitute any cooked and pureed winter squash or pumpkin here.
Step by Step Instructions
- In a saucepan, combine the water, 1 tablespoon of butter, salt, pepper, and pureed squash.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Whisk in the grits, turn the heat down to low and cover the pan. Stir frequently, this important to prevent sticking and scorching - stir frequently.
- Cook until the grits are soft and the water has been absorbed - 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from heat, stir in the other tablespoon of butter and serve warm.