Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Georgia Southern Dietetic Intern (Entered by Market Manager)
Persimmons are in season from Sept to December. They have anti-inflammatory properties and are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamins, A, C, and B, as well as minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, phosphorus.
Persimmons can be consumed fresh, dried, or as an ingredient of breakfast cereals, muffin, pies, breads, cakes salads, and puddings.
Serves: 1 Loaf, 10 slices
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan.
- Peel 1 persimmon, roughly chop then puree in a food processor or blender.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, honey, yogurt, eggs, and butter. Add the persimmon puree and whisk to combine. Pour wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the diced persimmons.
- Pour into a loaf pan and top with persimmon slices. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the the center of the loaf comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Comments added by fellow market members.