Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Joy of Cooking cookbook (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Looking for your next quarantine baking project? Consider trying out this delightful cake that can be made with the stone ground flour, the farm fresh eggs, and of course, the wonderful locally grown carrots that are available at Market2Go. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Serves: Varies depending upon size of slices
Step by Step Instructions
- Allow ingredients to reach room temperature and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour before measuring, then resift with the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
- Mix the vegetable oil, sugar, and eggs together and add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Add the grated carrot and the nuts/raisins if you are using them.
- Once the batter is well mixed, bake it for about an hour and 25 minutes in an 8-inch square pan that has been greased and floured.
Comments added by fellow market members.