Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Easy Overnight Italian Breakfast Casserole
Source: Bakerbynature.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
This casserole recipe works great for breakfast or brunch, and any leftovers make a tasty quick bite if you’re in a hurry. If meat isn’t your thing it can simply be omitted from the recipe without catastrophic culinary consequences. Can be enjoyed warm or cold, and keeps in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 by 13 casserole dish and set aside. Place a skillet over medium heat and add oil or butter. Add sausage and break it into chunks with a spatula and add the Italian seasoning and rosemary. Cook sausage, then transfer it to a paper toweled plate. Remove grease from pan and return pan to burner.
- Add more oil or butter to the pan, then add onion and peppers and cook them until they soften. Stir in the spinach, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes. Add sausage and mix with the pan's contents. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, ricotta cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread half of the vegetable and sausage mixture across the bottom of the greased casserole dish, then pour in the entirety of the egg mixture, and top with the remaining vegetable and sausage mixture.
- Bake the casserole for roughly 55 minutes, then cool for 10 minutes. Once the casserole has cooled it can be sliced and served. Serve with or without toast. Goes well with hot sauce when served cold.
Comments added by fellow market members.