Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Perfect Grilled Eggplant
Source: thespruceeats.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Just in time for the 4th of July, this recipe can be enjoyed by itself or used as a meat patty substitute. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Serves: 6 to 8
Step by Step Instructions
- Take a bowl and dissolve the salt in the warm water. Stir until it has fully dissolved, then add the cold water. Set this brine aside.
- Cut off the stem of the eggplants, then cut the eggplants into 3/4 inch thick slices. The skin should be left on for cooking, but may be removed before eating.
- Place slices into the brine and weighted down by an upside-down plate and then soaked for at least 30 minutes, but no longer than 1 hour.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Drain the eggplant slices and pat them dry with a paper towel. Lay the slices on a baking sheet, brush one side with olive oil, salt, and any other seasonings you desire.
- Lay the slices oil side down on the grill and cook them until grill marks appear (should be about 5 minutes). Apply oil, salt, and seasoning the upward side, then turn them over and once again cook them until grill marks appear, then serve. As mentioned before, the skin may be removed before eating.
Comments added by fellow market members.