Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Turkey and Vegetable Shepherd’s Pie
Source: www.tasteofhome.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
A delightful way to enjoy some of the vegetables available from Market2Go. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the butternut squash, potatoes, carrots, and vegetable broth in a saucepan and bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the saucepan and retain the broth. Mash the vegetables until they are smooth, then stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- In two batches, cook the turkey and onions in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat for 6 minutes, breaking up the ground turkey as much as possible. Remove the mixture from the Dutch oven.
- After removing the turkey mixture, heat the oil over medium high heat and saute the mushrooms for 8 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the wine, thyme, and remaining salt and pepper and bring to a boil, remove any overly browned bits from the pan.
- Cook until the liquid evaporates, then stir in the flour, and after it has blended into the mixture, add the retained vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. When the mixture has thickened, stir in the peas and turkey mixture and heat through.
- Transfer the contents of the Dutch oven to a a greased 2-1/2-quart baking dish, then spread the mashed vegetable mixture over the top. Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, and allow the shepherd’s pie to set a few minutes before serving.
Comments added by fellow market members.