Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Chef John's Italian Sausage Chili
Source: Chef John via www.allrecipes.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
This chili is a great way to warm up on a cold day! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat your oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Stir together both kinds of sausage, onion, and salt. Cook for about 10 minutes, breaking up the sausage while cooking.
- Add the ancho chile powder, paprika, cumin, ground black pepper, chipotle chile powder, and oregano into sausage mixture and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the water and tomato puree into the sausage mixture. Bring it to a simmer, then lower the heat to the medium-low range. Let cook for 45 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Stir cannellini beans, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper into sausage mixture. Simmer the chili for 30 minutes more.
- Top with onion slices, sour cream, and/or fresh basil if desired.
Comments added by fellow market members.