Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Sweet Potato Waffles
Source: www.foodnetwork.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
This cozy waffle recipe uses locally grown sweet potatoes, stone ground flour, and farm fresh eggs and dairy! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Serves: 4 waffles
Step by Step Instructions
- Steam the sweet potato cubes for about 20 minutes. Mash the steamed potatoes with a fork and set them aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set this mixture aside.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, butter, and grated orange rind. Add the flour mixture to the sweet potato mixture. Make sure they are thoroughly combined.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold them into the batter 1/3 at a time.
- Working in batches, scoop the batter onto a greased waffle iron and cook for about 5 minutes per waffle. You can use whatever toppings and sides you like, these are just a few suggestions!
Comments added by fellow market members.