Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Creamy Turnip Soup
Source: www.tasteofhome.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
This delicious creamy soup is a great way to enjoy vegetables during cold weather! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat the butter in a Dutch oven over medium high heat, then add the onion and cook until it is tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the wine and bring it to a boil.
- When the liquid in the Dutch oven has reduce by half, add the turnips, broth, and potato. Let the mixture come to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer uncovered for roughly 20 minutes.
- Let the soup has cooled slightly, run it through a food processor in batches until all of it is smooth.
- Return the soup to the Dutch oven, stir in the half & half cream, salt, and nutmeg. Allow the soup to heat through once again.
- While the soup heats through, heat the oil in a skillet and cook the spinach, frequently stirring. Serve the spinach alongside or atop the soup. Serve the soup with bread if desired.
Comments added by fellow market members.