Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Chilled Sorrel Soup
Source: www.tasteofhome.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
This tart vegetarian soup is a great choice for a refreshing summer dish! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Remove center stems and ribs from sorrel and wrap them in cheesecloth bundle. Chop the sorrel leaves into thin strips.
- Combine the water, lemon juice, sorrel leaves and bundle of stems in a saucepan. Simmer for 20 minutes, then discard the stems.
- Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl and add a small amount of the sorrel mixture, stir them together thoroughly, and add it to the pan. Cook the soup until it thickens, but do not boil.
- Allow the soup to cool, then place it into the refrigerator to chill for several hours.
- Remove the soup from the refrigerator, add salt & pepper to taste, and garnish with sour cream & additional sorrel if desired.
Comments added by fellow market members.