Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: www.foodnetwork.com & gimmesomeoven.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
A traditional Easter favorite that’s made all the better by using fresh & local ingredients! You can use any toppings for the eggs that you like, these are just a few suggestions. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Place the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan. Cover with water until there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Boil at high heat, then cover and set heat to low and let cook. 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat and let sit for 14 minutes. Rinse the eggs under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
- Crack the egg shells and carefully peel them off under cold running water, then gently dry the eggs.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, then carefully remove the yolks and place them in a separate bowl. Place the whites on a platter.
- Mash the yolks into a crumble with a fork, add the mayonnaise or yogurt, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Evenly distribute the yolk mixture amongst the egg whites in heaping spoonfuls. Adding toppings as desired.
Comments added by fellow market members.