Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Au Gratin Turnips
Source: www.tasteofhome.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
A tasty & seasonal vegetarian meal! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place turnips in a 6 quart stockpot and add enough water to cover them. Bring them to a boil and cook uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes. Drain the water and return the turnips to the pot.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat Add the half of the green onions and cook them stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the flour, salt and pepper and stir until well combined. Gradually mix in the half-and-half cream.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and stir constantly. Continue stirring for 2 to 3 minutes, then add a 3/4 cup of cheese and stir until it has completely melted.
- Pour the sauce over the turnips and coat them thoroughly. Transfer the turnips to a greased 3 quart baking dish and top them with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes. Top with remaining green onions.
Comments added by fellow market members.