Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Shrimp Corn Chowder
Source: www.wellplated.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
A cozy seafood dish with a delightfully creamy texture! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook the bacon in a Dutch oven or saucepan over medium heat for 6 minutes. Set the bacon aside for serving and retain 1 tablespoon of bacon fat.
- Add the butter to the pot and melt it. set aside 1/4 cup of green onion tops for serving, then add the rest to the pot and add the celery. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes, add the garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Sprinkle the flour over the top of the onion mixture and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Slowly pour in the milk, then add the corn kernels, cream-style corn, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir the mixture and let it reach a gentle boil and let it cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and let them cook for about 3 minutes
- Remove the chowder from the heat and stir in the thyme and half-and-half. Serve hot and top with the reserved green onion tops, bacon pieces, and hot sauce if desired and with a side of bread if desired.
Comments added by fellow market members.