Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Marjoram Mushroom Soup
Source: www.tasteofhome.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
A creamy vegetarian soup that features local herbs and produce! You can use another type of broth if you desire. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Saute the potato, leek and onion in oil in a Dutch oven for 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the Dutch oven and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth of your choice and half of the marjoram, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let the soup cool slightly, then, transfer it to a blender and puree until smooth (work in batches until all the soup is smooth)
- Return the soup to the pan and whisk in sour cream, butter, salt, and pepper. Heat it through (do not boil).
- Sprinkle in the remaining marjoram onto the soup just before serving.
Comments added by fellow market members.