Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Lemon Plum Sorbet
Source: www.tasteofhome.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
A chilly, refreshing, and vegan friendly treat! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add plums, cover them, and boil them for 30 to 45 seconds. Drain the saucepan and place the plums in the bowl of ice water. Once cooled, pat the plums dry. Remove skins, slice in half, and remove the pits.
- Bring the sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook and stir until the sugar has dissolved, then add the lemon juice and zest and set aside to cool.
- Put the plums into a food processor and add the sugar mixture. Cover and process for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the puree into an 8 inch square dish. Freeze for 1 hour, stir, then return the dish to the freezer for 2 more hours.
- Put the frozen plum mixture into a food processor and blend for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Comments added by fellow market members.