Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Source: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
A lovely rich cake with lush frosting! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease three 9-inch or 8-inch round cake pans (8 inch will make a thicker cake). Line the bottom with parchment paper, then grease the parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter for 1 minute. Add both sugars and beat on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla extract, then beat on medium for 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl as often as necessary.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and salt, then whisk them together before slowly adding the mixture to the wet ingredients. Beat for 5 seconds to combine.
- Beat in the milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice until the mixture is only just barely combined. In a separate bowl, toss the blueberries with 1 Tablespoon of flour before folding them into the batter.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared cake pans. Bake for 21 to 25 minutes. Allow thorough cooling before assembling and frosting.
- TO MAKE THE FROSTING: Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add the confectioners’ sugar, 1 Tablespoon of heavy cream, the vanilla extract, and salt with the mixer running on low. Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes. You can add additional cream if you feel the frosting is too thick.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Use a serrated knife to trim off the tops of the cakes. Evenly coat the first layer with frosting, top the cake with the second layer of cake, frost the second layer, and top that layer with the final layer of cake and frost it as well. Top with additional blueberries and/or lemon if desired. Refrigerate for 45 minutes before cutting.
Comments added by fellow market members.