Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
Source: www.ambitiouskitchen.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
This cozy soup recipe is perfect for a rainy day! Try pairing this recipe with some locally made bread or cheese straws. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the tomatoes and garlic on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle them with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and apply salt & pepper to taste. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to a pot over medium heat. Add the onion slices and stir to coat with olive oil. Cook them for 20 minutes, checking every 5 minutes and periodically stirring.
- Remove the tomatoes & garlic from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Place them into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add the basil leaves & caramelized onions and blend again.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the pot and add the oregano, broth, salt, pepper, and any of the optional add ins you decide to use.
- Serve with bread or cheese straws and top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Comments added by fellow market members.