Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Chef Elaine (Entered by Market Manager)
Chef Elaine Cheats with this Easy Recipe for Polenta!
Step by Step Instructions
- Begin with 2 cups of prepared Freeman's yellow grits (those leftovers from b'fast R perfect). Bring back to temperature by stirring in 1/2 cup Southern Swiss Dairy's unsalted butter. Mix well. We do not want lumpy grits!
- Once grits are warm and thick again, Add 1cup Flat Creek Lodge Dairy Grana cheese, grated, (this is aged, hard, flavorful). You may always add whatever left over pieces of cheese from fridge.
- When the polenta is thick, creamy & taste-y... Prepare baking sheet, Line cookie sheet with silicon mat ( or buttered parchment), Pour hot cheesy grits onto mat & spread evenly (like you are filling cake pan).
- Cook polenta in 300F oven for 7-10 minutes to brown cheese.
- Remove from oven; allow to cool, then cut out desired polenta shape (use cookie cutters).
- Now you have a base for your culinary creations. Enjoy!
Comments added by fellow market members.