Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Spinach Soup with Rosemary & Garlic
Source: eatingwell.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
This vegetarian soup is both healthy and filling! You can substitute other greens for spinach if you prefer. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Wash and prepare the vegetables
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, then add the onion, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes (stir a little).
- Add the potatoes cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the broth, and raise the temperature a little to bring the soup to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 10 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Puree the soup with either an immersion blender or use a regular blender and blend a few cups at a time. Garnish with a bit of nutmeg if desired, then enjoy!
Comments added by fellow market members.