Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Baked Eggplant with Figs and Leeks
Source: gfreefoodie.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
A gorgeous vegetarian recipe that uses fresh locally grown produce! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Cut the eggplant in half then score them diagonally (not cutting the skin). Scatter the garlic over the halves, then brush the halves with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt.
- Place the eggplants scored side up on a baking dish and bake them for 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the eggplant cooks, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the tomato & leek and cook them for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove them from the skillet and set them aside.
- Add the vinegar and sugar to the skillet and return it to the heat. Bring the mixture to a slight boil to make the mixture into a syrup.
- Put the mozzarella slices over the baked eggplant, then add the tomatoes, leek, and figs. Return the topped eggplant to the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the eggplant from the oven, and drizzle it with the syrup, salt, and additional olive oil to taste.
Comments added by fellow market members.