Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: I dreamed it up. (Entered by Connie Hayes)
Lasagne made with organic heirloom potatoes in place of noodles. You can make it gluten free easily!
This can be vegetarian if you like. We use fresh grassfed beef in ours. It does contain cheese, so probably wouldn’t work well as a vegan dish.
Serves: Easily adapted to any number, but a basic recipe will serve 6-8.
Step by Step Instructions
- Slice potatoes and onions thin--using food processor or mandaline.
- Brown ground beef (omit this if making vegetarian).
- Add pasta sauce and heat until bubbly.
- Place all but 1 cup of pasta sauce in bowl with ricotta and mix thoroughly.
- Layer potatoes, onions, sauce mixture, and Italian cheeses alternately. (Use reserved 1 cup of plain sauce for final layer.) Top with Italian cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 F. for 1 hour or until potatoes stick tender and dish is bubbly.
Comments added by fellow market members.