Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Curried Tomato and Okra Stew
Source: Mainstreet Farmers Market (Entered by Market Manager)
Super easy and super tasty! Just 1 of 8 recipes featured on our unique greeting cards! Images were painted by Drew Cottril of Statesboro, Georgia.
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and seasoning. Stir.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until soft. Add the okra and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, water, and sugar. Cook until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh parsley.
- Serve warm over rice or grits, or as is with cornbread (which you can get from Freeman's Mill!)
- You can also add bacon pieces as a garnish!
Comments added by fellow market members.