Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: arcticgrub.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
A vegan take on Hunter’s stew that uses a wide array of different vegetables for a rich flavor! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Serves: Not listed
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat the vegan butter in a large, heavy bottomed pan. Add the onion, leek, celery, garlic to the pan and season to taste. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Sir in the mushrooms and season again. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, then add the mustard. Stir the vegetables well to coat, then de-glaze the pan with the wine and let the liquid evaporate for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add the juniper berries, and fresh herbs of your choice, carrots, parsnips, rutabaga, potato, and stock of your choice and reduce the mixture to a simmer.
- Make the cashew cream by combining the cashews, water, and maple syrup in a blender and blend until creamy.
- Whisk the cashew cream, non-dairy milk, and flour together. Stir the mixture into the stew and let it simmer for 30 minutes over low heat. A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, stir in the lingonberry sauce and vegan sour cream.
- Serve the stew hot by itself or over rice, topped with fresh herbs, and additional lingonberry sauce and/or vegan sour cream.
Comments added by fellow market members.