Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Southern Living Magazine (Entered by debra chester)
This is a great recipe even for the non green eaters in your house! It is good for a buffet or a large family meal. Lots of great products from our market are used in this dish.
Step by Step Instructions
- Wash greens remove coarse stems. Bring greens and water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hours and 45 minutes or until tender stirring occasionally. Drain well. Return greens to pot
- Whisk together flour and next 5 ingredients, 1 teaspoons of salt and pepper. Add to greens in pot. Add Cheeses; pour into a buttered 13x9 inch baking dish.
- combine breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons melted butter and remaining salt, tossing until coated. Sprinkle on top of greens
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- To make 3 cups of sourdough bread crumbs use 1/3 of a round of Sourdough bread from Sugar Magnolia Bakery torn into pieces and pulsed in a food processor.
- Make ahead: Cook greens, shred cheese, assemble casserole and store in refrigerator without breadcrumb topping up to a day ahead. Prepare breadcrumb topping just before baking. Bake casserole according to recipe up to 2 hours before serving. Reheat briefly before serving.
Comments added by fellow market members.