Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Creamy Butter Bean Casserole
Source: https://therunawayspoon.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
A delicious vegetarian casserole that uses the local produce and dairy available at Market2Go. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Soak the butter beans in cold water for 30 minutes and skim off any debris. Drain the beans and put them into a saucepan. Cover them with water (about ½ an inch), then bring to a boil and skim off any foam that rises. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook for 30 minutes. Drain the beans.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and whisk in the flour. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper.
- Cook, whisking, until the mixture is smooth and thick. Remove from heat and fold in the butter beans. Layer one half of the mixture in a greased 8 by 8 inch casserole pan. Add the cheese and add the remaining bean mixture.
- Mix the bread crumbs, parsley a dash of salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Add the melted butter and stir until combined. Spread this breadcrumb mixture over the casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes and serve immediately.
Comments added by fellow market members.