Our recipes page is a great place for everyone to share recipes using items purchased from the Statesboro Market2Go. The above items and photos were made by Justin at Anthony’s Roots and Jimmy at Scratch Made Catering using items available at the market.
Please feel free to enter your own recipe!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: www.chilipeppermadness.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
A flavorful sauce made from peppers & eggplant. You can also add some cayenne peppers into the mix if you want a bit more spice! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat a grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grates. Poke several holes in the skin of the eggplant with a fork. Set the eggplant and the peppers onto the grill. Grill them for 30 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Remove the eggplant & peppers from the grill and set them in a bowl. Cover them with a towel and let them steam.
- Once they have cooled, peel off the pepper skins and discard them. Scoop out the eggplant and discard the skin & stem.
- Place the peppers, eggplant, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, chili flakes, salt, and pepper into a food processor and blend until your desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the eggplant mixture into a pan and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Add further salt & pepper to taste.
- Use as a sauce for the dishes of your choice.
Comments added by fellow market members.