Stay informed about what’s happening on Market2Go and the Statesboro Main Street Farmers Market!
IMPORTANT UPDATE for Market2Go customers
Thank you for your support of Market2Go! We’re pleased to be able to offer online shopping and drive-through pickup for your fresh local food and essential products. Our first week of the drive-through was successful but not flawless, and this week we have twice as many orders! Please help us as we work to improve our delivery process.
We’re mindful of keeping ourselves, our vendors and our customers healthy by following CDC sanitation guidelines and maintaining social distance. Market2Go vendors are exercising care in the packing and handling of your orders, and delivering those orders to us in a low-contact drive-through process. We’ve redesigned our order pickups to minimize social contact.
Our pickup procedure has changed! Statesboro customers will still pick up their Market2Go orders at the Statesboro Convention and Visitors Bureau at 222 South Main Street, but you will not need to go into the building. Instead, the Market2Go staff will greet you at your vehicle, confirm your order and then bring it out to you.
New designated pickup times. To accommodate the enormous increase in orders, and to minimize customer wait times, we’re dividing the pickup times into 3 one-hour slots, and assigning one third of customers to each slot. Please observe these assigned pickup times to help us manage the traffic flow.
Last names A through G Pick up between 4:00 and 5:00
Last names H through O Pick up between 5:00 and 6:00
Last names P through Z Pick up between 6:00 and 7:00
Home delivery option. If.you selected “home delivery” when you ordered, we will bring your order to your home between 6:00 and 8:00 p.m.. We’ll text you when we’re on the way and leave your order, including a FREE insulated Market2Go bag, at the entrance you designate. ..
Here’s the new drive-through procedure.
- Please arrive at the SCVB within your designated time slot, between 4:00 and 7:00
- Drive around to the right (counter clockwise) toward the rear of the building, forming a line of vehicles. We’ll serve customers in the queue, starting at the end of the ramp.
- A staff member will check you in as you arrive; please provide the customer name(s) for the order(s) you’re picking up.
- Provide access to your vehicle and to the containers you want loaded (bags, boxes, bins or coolers); e.g., unlock the back door or pop the trunk, with containers inside.
- Wait in your car for the runner to return with your order and load into your containers.
- Provide credit card or check or remind us if you are prepaid.. (You may pay cash in exact amount, but to reduce money handling, any “change” from cash received will be credited to your account.
Remember that this service is new to us – it’s only our second week – and orders have increased exponentially. So please help us to be successful.
Here’s how you can help.:
- Arrive during your designated time slot. You MUST be in the queue before 7:00.
- Allow plenty of time for your pickup; be patient and be prepared to wait in line.
- Help us maintain social distance and avoid contact with unsanitized items
- Bring containers for your order (bags, boxes, bins) but leave them in your vehicle
- Do NOT offer to return egg cartons, produce containers or other used items
- Recognize that because of exceptional volume, some items may be sold out; your order will be adjusted and you won’t be charged for any items the vendors can’t deliver.
- Bring a credit card or check for payment. For future orders, pay online with credit or debit card — we’ll help you register your card..
- (Again) Be patient — we’re in this together.
- Let us know if you have ideas to improve our pickup process.
- Tell your neighbors and social media friends about Market2Go drive through.
- Tell the vendors how much you appreciate their making good food available.