Stay informed about what’s happening on Market2Go and the Statesboro Main Street Farmers Market!
MARKET PICKUPS CHANGED DUE TO WEATHER
PICKUP TIMES HAVE CHANGED! All pickups this week are on Friday!
A forecast of severe storms for Thursday afternoon — with threats of large hale and possible tornadoes — has forced us to change our pickup times this week. Pickup locations remain the same: Uncle Shug’s on Main in Statesboro (drive-through) and Victory Garden General Store in Sylvania (drive up).
HERE ARE THE PICKUP TIMES FOR THIS WEEK
Scheduled THURSDAY pickups at Uncle Shug’s on Main in Statesboro have been RESCHEDULED for
FRIDAY AFTERNOON 3 – 6
Scheduled FRIDAY pickups at Uncle Shug’s in Statesboro will remain the same:
FRIDAY MORNING 10 – 12
SYLVANIA pickups, normally Thursday afternoon, are postponed to
FRIDAY AFTERNOON 3 – 4
Scheduled HOME DELIVERIES in Statesboro and Bulloch County will be made as scheduled by our delivery service early Thursday afternoon.
Please check your order verification to confirm which pickup you chose and adjust your plans according to the changes noted above. Please try to accommodate your new designated pickup time. However, if the new time causes a significant problem for you, please text 912.481.2263 with your order name and choice of alternate pickup time/location.
DRIVE-THROUGH CUSTOMERS SHOW US YOUR NAME!!!
Please make a placard with your order name(s) and place it on your dashboard: Last Name, First Initial
DRIVE-THROUGH Procedure (for all pickups at Uncle Shug’s in Statesboro)
- Please arrive at UNCLE SHUG’S within your designated time slot.
- Drive clockwise around the outermost perimeter, maintaining a tight queue, from the designated entrance to the front of the restaurant. Be polite, be patient, and follow the instructions of police or our market traffic volunteers.
- A staff member will check you in as you come alongside the restaurant; please display the customer name(s) for the order(s) you’re picking up on a windshield placard.
- Your order will be brought out to your vehicle from the main restaurant entrance as you wait in the line of traffic.
- Provide access to your vehicle and to the containers you want loaded (bags, boxes, bins or coolers); e.g., unlock the back door or pop the trunk, with containers inside.
- Wait in your car for the runner to return with your order and load into your containers.
- If you did not prepay on line with a debit or credit card, please make a check for exact amount when your order is delivered. (You may pay cash in exact amount, but any “change” from cash received will be credited to your account. Use an envelope to label the cash payment with your name.)
Remember that this service is still new to us — we’re adapting every week, and now the forced change to our timing adds more stress to the process. So please be patient and help us to be successful.
Here’s how you can help:
- Arrive during your selected date and designated time slot.
- Allow plenty of time for your pickup; be patient and be prepared to wait in line.
- Help us maintain social distance and avoid contact with unsanitized items
- Bring containers for your order (bags, boxes, bins) but leave them in your vehicle
- Do NOT offer to return egg cartons, produce containers or other used items
- Recognize that because of exceptional volume, some items may be sold out; your order will be adjusted and you won’t be charged for any items the vendors can’t deliver.
- Pay online with credit or debit card — we’ll help you register your card..
- (Again) Be patient — we’re in this together.
- Let us know if you have ideas to improve our pickup process.
- Tell your neighbors and social media friends about Market2Go drive through.
- Tell the vendors how much you appreciate their making good food available